joi, 2 septembrie 2010
Don’t be a cheater, do chase the pump
With the sickeningly heavy weights and low reps Markus uses, you could easily assume his form is loose and he rarely ever gets a pump. In both cases you would be wrong. "In my early days I used to cheat a lot, especially when training the torso muscles. I didn’t really know any better, because I still hadn’t learned correct form. But I had to learn after suffering my first serious shoulder injury when I was just 23 years old. Using good form means the muscle you are trying to target actually does do the work, and that’s the only way to get results. I could use a lot more weight than I do if I didn’t care about the form, but that would do nothing except put me at risk for more and more injuries, which are every pro bodybuilder’s worst nightmare (note: as Markus recently experienced yet again). Another thing people don’t understand is that even though I use very heavy weights and low reps, I always get a pump. The pump comes from having a strong mind-muscle connection. If you have that, you can get just a s intense a pump with six reps as you can with sixteen."
Abonați-vă la:
Postare comentarii (Atom)
Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu